Please See the Town's Dedicated Coronavirus Page For Updated Information
COVID Rapid Tests Distribution Press Release From Board of Health
Domestic and Farm Animal Information
The Board of Health is responsible for the oversight of an Animal Inspector for the Town of Ludlow.
- This authority comes from the Massachusetts Department of Agriculture and the Board of Health who nominate the Animal Inspector every year.
- The Animal Inspector is responsible for issuing Rabies Quarantine Orders and conducting the annual barn inspections.
Vaccination of Dogs and Cats Against Rabies
- Dogs and Cats Exposed to Wildlife (PDF)
- Dogs and Cats Bitten or Scratched By Other Domestic Animals (PDF)
- Dogs and Cats Which Bite a Human (PDF)
Farm Animal Information
- Animal Imports and Livestock Market
- Importing and Exporting Livestock
- Equine Programs
- Poultry Program
- Dairy Program
- Swine (Porcine) Program
- Farm Emergency Plans
- Reportable Animal Disease Program
Report cases of animal abuse or neglect
- To report cases of animal abuse or neglect; please contact the MSPCA at 617-522-6008 or 800-628-5808.
- To report the location of farm animals in Town, please contact the Board of Health Agent at 413-583-5600, ext. 1265.